Thursday, November 24, 2011

A Thing To Be Thankful For

Yes, it may be overused, but it is true that if I listed everything that I have to be thankful for I’d be here all day, and so would you. Instead I would simply like to zero in on one thing I’m thankful for.



I’m thankful that my parents chose to homeschool me. Most people my age have to be at school seven hours every day, five days a week, equaling 35 hours every week. That doesn't count their endless hours of homework. With a 180 day school year you’re talking 900 hours a year. I couldn't spend 900 of my brightest and most awake hours and maintain my business at the same time.


Of course my parents give high value to education, but my business is an important part of my education. If my parents had put me in school, my business would surely be much smaller. Truly, I don’t think it would exist at all. I’m so thankful for the time, money, thought and love my parents have invested in my hand-crafted education. I could still be an artist if I went to a public school, but I wouldn’t have time to really put my heart into what I do or share it with others.

No comments: