This picture is made of: Raspberry, gray poplar, lamb’s ear, seaweed, maple, nandina, poinsettia, mulberry, money plant and aucuba.
Friday, August 12, 2011
The technique I used for this horse is one that I use a lot for making trees. I cut lots of tiny strips out of different shades of leaves and organize them on my tree, using where sunlight would hit the tree as a guide. This is the first time I’ve used this technique with an animal. As I was working on it my dad mentioned that it might be neat to make the whole picture with the little strips and not just the horse. I learned this way of making trees from a World Wide Pressed Flower Guild class.