Sunday, November 8, 2009

Successful Transfers

Some months ago I posted that we got a heat press in order to get some of my pictures on totes and T-shirts. Well, after a long time of trial and error, we are finally getting it right! We've had valuable suggestions from friends and have made a lot of mistakes. But we now have the formula for good transfers. One thing that really helped was putting a piece of matt board inside whatever we were pressing in order to get a very flat surface. (We learned matt board works better than cardboard unless you want a corrugated image). Another thing is that often the images come out darker than the original picture so before I print the transfers I usually brighten them up with a photo editing program on the computer.

1 comment:

Sonshine Crafts said...

Great job, Sarah! I hope you sell lots and lots of your beautiful designs at your upcoming shows!!
Pat